I believe weddings are a social celebration of a very sacred commitment. I feel honored to participate in every wedding that I shoot and treat both the day and the couple with the higheset level of respect. Weddings are a day filled with beauty and magic that unfolds in the most romantic way imaginable. I believe my job is to document that beauty in the most authentic way--unobtrusively, honestly, joyfully.
I tell love stories and my objective is to be a good storyteller.
I grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I currently live in the Twin Cities with my husband Paul and our son Charlie. Available for travel.
scroll down to see my
1. Invite me out for a cold beer and I won't ever say no. Same goes for cheese--it's my love language. I'm so Wisco.
2. I love my family. I would describe myself as an introvert. I'm most comfortable when I'm with my family. Any free time I have is devoted to weekends at the cabin, dinner with my parents and snapchatting with my siblings.
3. While it's true my heart skips a beat for brides and grooms with modern and trendy style, I strive to steer clear of over-done trends when it comes to my style of shooting and editing, and I instead like to deliver images that look clean and will enure a lifetime or more without ever looking dated.
4. I'm always overdressed. Blame it on my years of working retail, but I have an entire second closet full of just dresses and shoes that I've collected thanks to a generous discount or two. On most days you can find me in jeans and a tee but I love any excuse to throw on a pair of heels.
5. I'm jammin' to 90's r&b and I'm obsessed with Beyoncè. I'm a child of the 90s and I remember sneaking over to a friend's house to watch Beverly Hills 90210. You'll find my iPhone loaded with Salt n Pepa, TLC, Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey. And Beyoncè? I've sat second and third row at two of her shows and I wept. Like, I'm serious. I love her.